DEERFIELD BEACH DISTRICT 1
Michael E. Hudak
Resident of Deerfield Beach, FL for 20 years
A decisive leader with strong ethics who consistently builds strong relationships to ensure the achievement of objectives. Veteran of the United States Air Force and a resident of Deerfield Beach since 1997. A dedicated family man and a father of 5 children.
WE ARE DEERFIELD BEACH
Just returned from the State of the City event, organized by the Chamber of Commerce and held at the Wyndham. The sold out event of 197 individuals who attended were treated to a tremendous example of the grace and professionalism of our city leaders. Denise Jordan, Executive Director of the Deerfield Beach Chamber was as engaging as ever.
Now to the important stuff, how is our City doing? Where are we headed? Please judge for yourself:
- $19.3 Billion - Our City's Business community had sales of $19.3 Billion in 2017
- $9.59 Billion - Gross retail sales for Deerfield Beach Businesses, an increase of over 7% from the previous year
- 12,286 - Business establishments and their subsidiaries in Deerfield Beach
- 388 advanced industry firms that employ 4,178 high wage-earning employees, 58% of these companies have plans to increase within the next 3 years
- 209 new business tax receipts issued for 2018228 Certificates of occupancy for new homes last year, and in 2019 we have 378 townhouses and apartments under construction. In 2020 we already have applications for 293 single family homes and 122 townhouses
- The medium home values in Deerfield are now $175,000 an increase of 13%, but still well below the average Broward County home value of $252,000.
- The creation of the School Advisory Council has been created by the city commission to work with the Broward County School Board to improve our schools. Our City is growing, opportunities are bright, new housing developments are being built.
I am proud to live in this great city. We have challenges as every community has, the city has secured a $38 million dollar bond to specifically target improvements to the City's infrastructure, so we can continue our growth well into the future.
The most important message however was the importance of working together, this Commission is focused on responsible development, a dais that is respectful to one another even in times of disagreement and a unified vision of our City's future because
"We Are Deerfield Beach!"
Leave a note or follow me online
Do you have a question about my work or a suggestion? Don't be afraid to leave a comment, share your ideas or just say hello.
Absentee Ballot Request Form
Interested in voting from the comfort of your own home? Look no further, click here to register.